Camping Made Easy!
8 Simple Tips That Can Change Your Camping Experience
In an environment of peace and nature, the last thing you want is a hassle while camping. Here are a few pointers for stress-free camping while you're staying on Lake Lewisville from Little Elm, The Colony, Frisco, or maybe even further out:
- Plan ahead and keep a checklist logged as items pop in your head.
- Make it easy on yourself and try to pack lightly. Can you live without it for one day?
- Foods that do not have to be refrigerated or cooked might be best for your trip.
- Sometimes dogs have trouble handling new environments. Bring items to soothe them and keep them busy.
- Using headlights while parked at night can bother other campers and is not recommended.
- Do not leave food open or out as it could attract animals or insects.
- If you’ll be near the wooded areas, learn what common poisonous plants and insects look like.
- Avoid odors and hazards by setting up tables, chairs, tents, and yourself away from the direction of smoke blowing from fires.
Basic Camping Checklist:
- Pillows/blankets – ones that are easily washed
- Towels/swim suits/swim shoes
- Poles and fishing licenses
- Pet gear – food, ball, ect
- Folding chairs
- Bug spray
- Change of clothes
- Travel sized soap/shampoo
- Lots of drinking water